I'm Trying to Make ChatGPT Do the Boring Part: From Blog Idea to Blogger to Facebook
I’m Trying to Make ChatGPT Do the Boring Part: From Blog Idea to Blogger to Facebook
Bottom Line
I’ve been working on a simple idea that sounds almost too obvious:
Give ChatGPT a topic, have it write the blog post, publish that post to Blogger, then automatically turn around and share it on Facebook.
That’s it.
No complicated marketing funnel. No 47-step automation diagram. No dashboard that looks like NASA mission control.
Just:
Topic → ChatGPT → Blogger → Facebook
The funny part is that writing the article is probably the easiest piece.
The real work is getting all three systems to reliably hand the job off to one another without me becoming the unpaid copy-and-paste department.
And that is exactly what I’ve been trying to fix.
The Problem Isn’t Writing Anymore
AI has already changed the hardest part of blogging.
A few years ago, writing a decent 1,500-word article could eat up an evening.
Now I can give ChatGPT a subject, some context, a few rules about my writing style, and get a solid first draft in minutes.
That part is almost boring now.
The problem comes immediately afterward.
I still have to:
- copy the article,
- open Blogger,
- create a new post,
- paste everything in,
- fix formatting,
- add headings,
- add the hero image,
- check links,
- add labels,
- add SEO information,
- publish it,
- copy the new URL,
- open Facebook,
- write another post,
- paste the URL,
- and publish that too.
None of those jobs are difficult.
That may actually be what makes them so annoying.
I’m not solving a problem. I’m moving information from Box A to Box B like someone working in a digital warehouse.
And if AI is supposed to help with repetitive work, this seems like a pretty good place to start.
Step One: Ask ChatGPT to Write the Blog
The first stage is straightforward.
I give ChatGPT a topic.
That topic might come from almost anywhere.
It could be:
- an article I found online,
- something I’m researching,
- a project I’m working on,
- a YouTube idea,
- a question I keep seeing people ask,
- notes from a trip,
- a tool I’m testing,
- or something that went completely sideways in one of my own workflows.
Sometimes the best blog topics are basically:
“Well, that didn’t work. Let’s figure out why.”
ChatGPT then takes that topic and builds the article.
But I don’t want it to simply produce a giant wall of AI-generated text.
The writing process needs rules.
For my workflow, that means things such as:
- a clear title,
- an early bottom line,
- useful section headings,
- conversational writing,
- enough detail to actually help someone,
- accurate claims,
- clean formatting,
- no invented links,
- SEO considerations,
- and a conclusion that gives the reader somewhere to go next.
That turns ChatGPT from a generic writing tool into something closer to an editorial system.
And that distinction matters.
Step Two: Stop Copying Everything Into Blogger
This is where the workflow starts becoming interesting.
Blogger has an API.
That means a program can communicate directly with Blogger instead of requiring me to manually use the Blogger editor every time.
Once the connection is properly authenticated, the workflow can take the completed article and send the important parts directly to Blogger.
For example:
Title
HTML content
Labels
Publishing status
And eventually other supporting information.
Instead of this:
ChatGPT → Copy → Open Blogger → Paste → Fix → Publish
we move toward this:
ChatGPT → Blogger
That little arrow represents a surprising amount of time.
It also eliminates a bunch of small mistakes.
I have discovered through years of highly scientific experimentation that anytime you make me copy and paste something fifteen times, the odds of me eventually pasting the wrong thing into the wrong box approach approximately 100 percent.
Automation is very good at preventing that particular form of creativity.
Draft First, Then Publish
There is one important distinction here.
Automation does not mean everything ChatGPT writes should immediately be launched onto the internet.
That would be a fantastic way to automate regret.
During development, the safer workflow is:
Topic
↓
ChatGPT writes article
↓
Article is reviewed
↓
Blogger draft is created
↓
Final check
↓
Publish
That gives us a checkpoint.
But the longer-term goal is to make the automated review strong enough that more of those checks happen before Blogger ever receives the article.
The system can inspect things like:
- article completeness,
- headings,
- formatting,
- broken links,
- required disclosures,
- SEO elements,
- missing images,
- duplicate sections,
- and obvious writing problems.
That is where the workflow starts acting less like a collection of scripts and more like an actual publishing system.
The Professor Test
One thing I’ve been adding to this process is what I think of as the college professor test.
Before the article is published, I want it graded.
Not just:
“Looks good!”
That is not especially helpful.
I want the article evaluated more like a college English professor would review it.
The system should look at areas such as:
- clarity,
- organization,
- grammar,
- argument,
- flow,
- usefulness,
- style,
- repetition,
- and overall quality.
If it falls below our quality threshold, it gets revised.
Then it gets graded again.
That may sound like overkill for a blog post.
I actually think it solves one of AI writing’s biggest problems.
AI can produce text extremely quickly.
That means it can also produce mediocre text extremely quickly.
Speed without a quality gate just allows you to publish bad writing faster.
That is not the breakthrough I’m looking for.
Step Three: Turn the Blogger Post Into a Facebook Post
Once Blogger successfully publishes the article, something important happens.
We get the final URL.
That URL becomes the input for the next step.
Now ChatGPT can switch jobs.
It is no longer writing the full article.
It becomes the social-media writer.
The system can take the published article and create a Facebook post designed specifically to promote it.
Instead of dumping the entire blog onto Facebook, the social post can contain:
- a short hook,
- one interesting takeaway,
- a reason to click,
- the blog URL,
- and possibly a few appropriate hashtags.
The workflow becomes:
Blogger publishes article
↓
Published URL returned
↓
ChatGPT writes Facebook promotion
↓
Facebook post created
That removes another repetitive little job from my list.
And this is where automation starts stacking.
Saving three minutes once is meaningless.
Saving three minutes across hundreds of repeated publishing actions is not.
The Workflow We’re Actually Building
Once you put everything together, the system starts to look like this:
1. Provide a topic
I decide what is worth creating.
2. Generate the article
ChatGPT produces the first complete version using our blog-writing rules.
3. Review the article
The article is graded against our quality standards.
4. Revise if needed
If it doesn’t pass, it gets improved and checked again.
5. Prepare the Blogger version
Formatting, metadata, labels, images, and other publishing elements are assembled.
6. Publish to Blogger
The finished article is sent through the Blogger publishing system.
7. Capture the live URL
The workflow verifies that the Blogger post actually exists.
8. Create the Facebook promotion
ChatGPT writes a shorter social post based on the published article.
9. Publish to Facebook
The Facebook post goes live with the blog link.
The result is something I’ve wanted for a while:
I provide the creative decision.
The system handles the mechanical work.
This Is Bigger Than One Blog Post
The most interesting part of this project is that Blogger and Facebook are really just the beginning.
Once the workflow can reliably pass information from one stage to another, adding more destinations becomes much easier.
Imagine starting with a single topic and eventually producing:
- a full blog article,
- a Facebook post,
- a YouTube script,
- a podcast script,
- a thumbnail,
- a Short,
- an email,
- a social post,
- and a published archive of the entire project.
Now we are no longer talking about using ChatGPT to write something.
We are talking about building a production line.
That is a very different use of AI.
Prompts Are Useful. Systems Are Better.
I still spend plenty of time working on prompts.
Good prompts matter.
But I’m increasingly convinced that prompts alone are not where the biggest productivity gains are going to come from.
The real advantage happens when prompts become parts of workflows.
Instead of:
Prompt → Answer
you get:
Input → AI → Tool → Validation → Tool → Output
That is the direction I want to keep moving.
ChatGPT should not just tell me what I could do.
Whenever possible, I want the system to actually do the next step.
The Hard Part Is Reliability
Of course, there is a catch.
The automation only helps if it works consistently.
Connecting these systems means dealing with some very unglamorous things:
- authentication,
- API permissions,
- expired tokens,
- formatting issues,
- image uploads,
- incorrect URLs,
- publishing failures,
- duplicate posts,
- missing data,
- and determining what should happen when one step fails.
That is the part nobody puts in the flashy AI demo.
The demo says:
“Look, AI published a blog!”
The real project is making sure it can do it again tomorrow.
And the next day.
And after Windows updates.
And after an API changes.
And after I accidentally touch something I probably should have left alone.
That last one may become its own quality-control category.
What Success Looks Like
The final version of this workflow should feel almost uneventful.
I should be able to provide a topic and eventually receive something like:
Article written — passed quality review.
Blogger post published — URL verified.
Facebook promotion published — link verified.
Done.
That is the target.
Not another collection of disconnected AI tools.
Not twenty browser tabs.
Not copying the same URL four different times.
A dependable content workflow where each system knows what comes next.
Where This Is Going
Right now, the project is focused on three major steps:
ChatGPT → Blogger → Facebook
It may sound simple.
That is exactly why I like it.
If we can make those three pieces reliable, we have proven something much more important than whether AI can write a blog article.
We have proven that AI-generated work can move through a real publishing pipeline without requiring a human to manually carry every piece from one platform to the next.
And once that works, the same pattern can be expanded almost anywhere.
For me, that is the real goal of AI automation.
I don’t need ChatGPT to replace the creative decisions.
I need it to stop making me do the boring parts.
Because deciding what to create is still interesting.
Copying it into another browser window for the fifteenth time definitely is not.
Comments
Post a Comment